Thursday, August 6, 2009

MORE SWITZERLAND!





What can I say! I love SWITZERLAND! the most beautiful country ever! After the Tour in Limousin, I got to stay @ Oscar+Kelly's agian! Oh man, it was so good to get out of the team house, and recharge the mind and body! I was able to do some awesome training in the swiss alps of St. Moritz. I 've heard about that place as a little girl when my dad used to tell me about his rendeuvous in europe. My dad was big into traveling. It was magical. Until I had been told, in the middle of the ride, that it wasn't only 120km, but instead 170km!! I had ran out of food! we still had one last pass to make...this one 22km with 2300meters of climbing. LOL and in the middle of nowhere(beautiful nowhere).... I was ahead in the climb and was thinking to myself ...there has to be something up here, a gas station, a bakery, a restaurant any place that I can get some food at! At a distance, I spotted this little town, not much there, but still that was my last hope, as I was on the verge of bonking, I did not hesitate when I saw the first place I thought would have something to eat, I stopped, walked in, it was a sit down dinner, people were sitting outside in the patio enjoying a quite, quaint little afternoon late lunch, and this mad cyclist comes in, searching for a quick bite to eat. I didn't find any pastries, or cookies, they didnt really have anything set out. That's when I saw the only pie in the store....it was a carmel walnut pie with buttery crust! I was sold...didnt think twice about it... the lady was going to serve it to me on a plate, but i said no ...its to go... i paid my 4.80 francs and out the door I was. I was already half way done with it between paying for it and getting on my bike to get back on the road! People were looking at me...and all i could think about was...thank goodness for this piece of pie....and not only that ...it was one of the most delicious pie I have ever had, too bad I couldn't fully enjoy it...i ate it so fast ! But it was what got me back to the car that day!

No comments: