Friday, June 12, 2009

TIME OUT!!





Hello there! I have been out of reach for the last 15 days since the love of my life came to visit me here in italy! Nathan and his friend Dave came to visit me while I had 2 weeks off of racing...and it was great! I needed it so badly! To get away and to refresh my mind and see people I love and miss so much! I miss home. You might not see me writing a lot about it, but I do,very much, I just avoid talking about it. Anyhow, they arrived May 24th and stayed til June 8th. They went home and I am now in Spain for more racing! They arranged to stay with a friend that lives in Stabio, Switzerland, only 2km away from the World Championship course that is going to be held at in Mendrisio.  Oscar and his family where the best hosts I have ever had! They were awesome!We had a blast! He(is triathlete) took us on the course for the RR as well as the TT.  It is definitely going to be VERY challenging course! We also did some amazing riding around lake Como and lake Lugano, as well as the Swiss Alps...so beautiful! Those boys were not letting me have it easy either...ripped my legs off haha...no rest for the little ones! They also came to Lucca, in Tuscany to see where I live and meet the team and the entourage!  We stayed at a hotel 30mis away and right on the beach in Lido the Camaiore.  It was awesome, believe it or not this was the first time I actually have gone to the beach and it is only 3omins away!!that is sad! We also went to Pisa to check out the leaning tower...so cool! After a few days in tuscany we returned to Switzerland...and Nate and I decided to take a quick trip to Venice...love the euro system of traveling the train makes everything so easy! so we spent a day and half wondering the interesting canals and streets of Venice! When we returned we were so wiped out from going all over that all we did was ride our bikes around the gorgeous area we were in and chill out! Oh yeah forgot to mention that the boys raced over the weekend (after we had done 4hrs of riding in the Alps) Oscar set them up with a swiss team so they guest rode for them and Nate came in 11th( no racing wheels or anything!!) just 1 outside of the prizes! oh man..so close!The guys on the team were very excited with both of their performances ;o) 
I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly awesome it was to have this break to refresh the mind, body and soul....I feel recharged, brand new! Thank you baby for coming ....to the rescue! The truth is that I could have never done any of this if it wasn't for you and your love, encouragement and support! thank you!

1 comment:

nprks said...

I love you, baby!